Saturday 9 February 2013

Amelie's 6 Month Update | Baby Blog


Happy 1/2 birthday! I can't believe Amelie is now 6 months old - half a year.
It's weird in some senses I find it hard remembering my life pre-mum. It seems a lifetime ago where I was able to get ready and leave the house in 5 minutes! But when I look back    these last six months have flown by.

I've had a pretty stressful couple of days this week in sorting out all our holiday clothes. Amelie was bought a trunki from my Nan (Amelie great nan!) for Christmas, and although she isn't old enough to sit on it.. I'm too excited to take it away with us. Amelie's OWN case. Too cute.
I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel now, but it has honestly been a task on packing and double checking we have everything. 
I can't wait till our holiday and with the recent snow flurry I can't think of a better time to be getting away.

Measurements:
3-6 month clothes still fit her really well. I went a bit OTT at the end of last summer when everywhere was having a summer sale as I knew that we were going away and that summer clothes would not be available in shops but she's too small to wear the majority of it! I'm still going to be packing a few of her 6-9 dresses as It doesn't really matter if its a bit longer.

Hair colour: Light brown, I don't think this is really going to go any lighter now - although with a week in the sun. You never know!

Eye Colour - Blue! I snapped this photograph of her when we were out on a dog walk in the middle of last month.

Feeding - We've introduced Amelie to porridge! She really likes it, her favourite is Hipp Organic Pear & Banana although she also likes the Cow & Gate Banana Porridge too.
This fits really nicely into our schedual and she will have a small amount at around 11.am followed by her usual 210ml milk. 

Winding - The same as last month. Able to bring it up on her own which is great.

Sleeping - Still through the night. She goes to bed at 9pm and will sleep through till about 7-8am. She's up all morning and will fall asleep after her second bottle at 11.30am which gives me enough time to shower, get changed & dressed. Then she'll wake and will be up for another couple of hours - feeding, playing etc before falling asleep for roughly 30mins at about 3.30-4.00. Then it's another feed & play & bath before bed.

Teething - Still nothing. The same signs as last month, dribbling and red cheeks!

Date Nights - No date nights this month! Part of our new years resolution is to be 'more conservative with our money' so no meals in restaurants or naughty weekend takeaways! We've also had to save what we can for holiday spending money.

Goings Out - Not much to report this month! The snow has made it really hard to get out and about.

Highs this month? Snow, Although it's been a bit annoying in some aspects it's been really nice to look at. I took Amelie out to see it but I don't think she really knew what was going on.

Looking forward to? Our holiday which starts tomorrow! I've got some last minute packing to do.



1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 months to your beautiful baby girl! :) Her cheeks are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...