Thursday 10 January 2013

Amelie's 5 Month Update| Baby Blog


I can now officially say Amelie was born last year!
Connor broke up on the Thursday before Christmas and it was great to spend some quality time together. We had been pretty organised with the preparations for Christmas Day and had bought all our presents well in advanced so we were able to have a pretty chilled out weekend beforehand and concentrate on sorting out the house.
My side of the family decided to visit my Nan in Cornwall so we spend the Saturday before Christmas together, swapping presents and eating a Indian takeaway (very traditional..)
Christmas was very busy this year, we are usually the ones visiting everyone so it was nice to stay at home all day for once. We had 7 eating for breakfast and 6 eating for dinner so it was all "hands on deck" to ensure that everything was cooked, washed & ready for the second sitting! 
I've only just recovered from being the hostess but it was really nice not to drive anywhere.
After that very long introduction let's get on with Amelie's progress.

Amelie hit a massive milestone this month - she can now roll over!
She's becoming such a little monster and has the cheekiest personality with the smile to go with it!

Measurements:
 I'm unsure of the exact number, it's been difficult measuring her with the run up to Christmas. She's now managing to comfortable fit in the majority of her 3-6 month clothes. Last month involved a lot off turned up sleeves and saggy feet where her legs weren't quite long enough, and now everything fits - snug as a bug!
She was given so many Christmas presents and I'm looking forward in dressing her up for our holiday next month. As well as clothes for spring and summer.
We've got two holidays planned for this year one next month, where we're going to Lanzarote for a week and the next one at the end of June where we're going to Portugal for two weeks. I'm so excited and can't wait to see her kicking her legs in the pool!

Eye colour - Still really blue. I'm quietly confident that they are going to stay this colour now.
Hair colour - Mousey brown, occasionally in some lights it varies with colour. Some lights make it look fairer, almost blonde. In other lights it does have the slightest red tint but I think she'll be a brunette when she grows up!

Feeding - We're hoping to start Amelie on feeding this month. Before all you health and safety folks tell me to wait until she's 6 months, I've spoken with my health visitor and have the green light from her. She advised that anything over 20 weeks is fine, and I want to make sure she's at least use to something else.
She's still going well with her bottles, feeding has increased to 210ml per feed, and she'll usually feed every 3-5 hours.

Winding - An improvement on last month. I sit her up after her bottle and she will usually be able to bring it up on her own.

Sleeping - Still really, really good! Connor and I keep joking that I'll next baby will be the "Devil's child" because she sleeps so well. Fingers crossed that this continues when she starts teething! 
In the last week she's had a stinking cold which has caused a bit of disruption - but that's more getting her off to sleep. Once she's down she sleeps through the night.

Teething - Nothing to report yet. She's dribbling like crazy, always has her hands in her mouth but no pegs to be seen! 
For all new mums, I'd seriously urge you to try Dribble Bibs. They are a god send in saving  on your washing when it comes to dribbling, and they look pretty fashionable too!

Date Nights - We went out to celebrate Connor's Gran's 70th this month and we left Amelie in the very capable hands of my best friend (and Amelie's godmother - side note I really need to start planning Amelie's christening!). Kim has been round children throughout her life as her mother works as a foster parent so I knew she would be more than capable & we really enjoyed having the night off..and a reasonable lay-in in the morning!

Goings out - The weather has been absolutely miserable this month. I'm not sure where you all live, but the UK has been riddled with floods. Fortunately our home hasn't been flooded but there's been warnings and alerts everywhere advising people not to drive in certain places. It's been an absolute nightmare and my heart goes out to everyone who has been affected.
As for goings out - we've just done the usually. A few outings before Christmas buying presents etc.

Highs this month - Christmas!!! Amelie didn't really know what was going on. I felt I needed to put extra effort in with decorations this year, it has got me so excited to think about what next year has in store.

Lows This Month? - Her cold. We managed to get through Christmas but she's been quite poorly and bunged up for New Years and the first week of January. Fortunately, she's on the mend now and is over the worst of it, but I hated seeing her in discomfort.

Looking forward to? - Our holiday next month. Amelie's passport arrived last week and this has just fuelled my excitement! I can't wait to get away!



5 comments:

  1. She is so sweet! You're so lucky to have such a lovely little girl :) I have baby fever like mad right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so cute!!! ahh babys are just my favorite

    new follower :)

    www.thebechtholts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't get over how adorable she is! those eyes are love! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...