Tuesday 3 May 2011

MAC May-hem!

Evening lovelies :)
As the title might suggest, I've decided to officially transfer to the Mac Side!
Okay, I'll admit it, I haven't exactly been a stranger to Mac - I am a huge fan of their lipsticks. But I've never been a 'regular'. I've somehow always found somewhere else to spend my mollah. After all, Mac isn't exactly renowned for their purse friendly prices!
After taking advantage of the Debenham's 10% off last week, I was so impressed with the products that I have chosen to invest more of my money in to this lovely company!
I went to Bournemouth this last weekend with my gorgeous boyfriend, and after mooching round the shops I couldn't resist popping into 'Beales' where they just so happened to have a Mac counter.
I was greeted by the ever so lovely Dionne who advised me on my 'Mac starter kit'.
She also performed a MAC makeover for me which I absolutely loved!
Be warned, this blog is very Photo heavy!


After removing my make-up Dionne advised me that I was a NW20, she also thought that the Studio Fix Fluid would be best for my skin type.
I was a little shocked that I had to pay extra for the pump! After spending the best part of twenty quid on the actual foundation, I was a bit disheartened to fork out an additional £2.50 on an applicator! Once I took my foundation home I was also quite annoyed that once the pump was on the foundation bottle the lid no longer fitted. SORT IT OUT MAC!

♡ Studio Fix Fluid : £19.50


I then talked through how I would normally do my make-up for an everyday look.
Dionne then showed me all the MAC equivalents. Which of course I loved!
After looking at both the fix powder and loose powder, I decided on the Mineralize Skin Finish Natural, and was matched to the 'Medium' shade.

♡ Mineralize Skin Finish Natural : £18.50


I also wanted a nice understated blusher that I could wear both during the day and at night.
I was so torn between 'Well Dressed' and 'Pinch O'Peach' but in the end I went for Pinch O'Peach.
I'll have to wait for next month's pay check for Well dressed!

♡ Powder Blush : £17.00


Finally, after reading about how many people raved about the MAC Paint Pots, I bought 'Soft Orche' in the hopes that my eyeshadow will stay in place and work to the best of their £12.50 price tag!

♡ Paint Pot : £13.50


On another note, for those of you interested in my products from Debenham's, I couldn't resist taking some more photographs of them!

♡ Mac 187 Brush


♡ Creme D'Nude Lipstick


♡ Duo Adhesive


♡  Woodwinked and All That Glitters



I've also noticed that the Mac Surf baby limited edition range has just launched. I have to say I am rather excited about this range. 
I love the neutral tones that they're doing in this range and will definitely be investing in some more lippies! 
I hope everyone had a great bank holiday weekend. Did any of you watch the Royal Wedding? Kate looked so beautiful.


I will of course be doing a review on these products and may even post a FOTD.


♥ 
I'd love to know your thoughts
What other Mac products do you recommend?
Are you excited about the Mac Surf baby collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...